Easy Plumbing Maintenance You Can Do at Home
Being able to do some of your own plumbing maintenance at home is a satisfying experience for many homeowners. A few tools, some elbow grease, and a few hours of spare time are all that is needed for some basic plumbing tasks. As your plumber in Denton, we suggest these starter projects to get your plumbing system in shape and prevent future problems.
Fix a Drippy Faucet
- Unscrew the aerator of the faucet by using your hands to turn the aerator to the left.
- Take the aerator apart.
- Use an old toothbrush and a small dish of vinegar to scrub sediment out of the aerator’s holes.
- Reassemble the aerator and return it to the faucet.
Clean Your Shower Head
A scaly buildup on your shower head can reduce the flow of water and make your showers less pleasant. To fix:
- Use an adjustable wrench to unscrew the shower head from the collar nut.
- Place the shower head into a container of vinegar overnight. The scales will be gone come morning.
- Do this once a month for the best results.
Clean Your Garbage Disposal
To stop the garbage disposal from stinking up the whole house, clean it on a weekly basis:
- Put a tray of ice cubes and the rind from a citrus fruit into the disposal and let it run for 30 to 60 seconds.
- While the unit is still running, pour a few drops of liquid dish soap into it.
- Run cold water into the disposal for 30 seconds.
Regular Maintenance You Can Count On
At Brown & Sons Plumbing Plumbing, our experienced plumbers offer helpful advice so that local homeowners can enjoy all the comforts that their homes provide. Our plumbing maintenance program is another way to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is up to task. With an annual system inspection, upfront pricing, and priority service for repairs, we’re here for you. Call us today at 800-758-6246 to join our maintenance program or to schedule any type of plumbing repair.
If you are looking for a Company in the area, please call Brown and Sons at (940) 302-0100 or click here to fill out our online request form